World research is gaining more and more insight on the benefits of meditaion.
- Neuroscientists have been able to prove that meditation can reduce the size of the amygdala – the part of the brain that regulates emotions and stress, allowing us to enjoy a more relaxed and calm state of being.
- Long Term Meditators have larger volumes in the hippocampus part of the brain, a region of the mind that helps to regulate emotions.
- Scientists have proven regular mediation can create changes in the brain that improve attention, and making more conscious decisions.
- Meditation can help to release melatonin – the body’s natural hormone the brings feelings of calmness as well as serotonin “the happiness hormone” into the body.
- Additional health benefits include, lowered blood pressure, deeper relaxation, increased creativity and focus, better breathing, reduced pain, better health, improved sleep, reduced anxiety and more.
Meditation can keep the body healthy, the mind clear and the nervous system calm.
One of the major benefits of meditation is heightened awareness of self, others and the world around us.
All this allows for peace of mind, inner calm, greater self control and the ability to harness and direct our mental and physical energy.