“Cant sleep…..Ill just grab a snack or two or three”
“Aaah everyone asleep, time for me so let me have some.”
Often night eating syndorme may be due to stress or caused by restricting or dieting, leading to a diet binge cycle that can be out of our control.
Night eating syndrome was first described in 1955 as a disordered eating behaviour.
- Do you find that your appetite increases during the evening?
- Do you crave foods during the evening or even after midnight?
- Do you have little appetite for food in the morning?
- Do you have trouble going to sleep and/or staying asleep during the night?.
- Do you experience mood changes during the day?
Overcoming Night Eating Syndrome
Often one way to begin the process of overcoming patterns of night eating is to try and observe what is causing you to eat. It may be that you are eating sugary or fatty food because you are feeling sad, tired, stressed, annoyed etc. This may lead to a Sugar Addiction. Being aware of the behaviour will help recognise some of the triggers that are leading to the eating patterns.
My Philosophy is to provide a therapeutic, nurturing and supportive environment to explore your patterns and behaviours.
In particular we will look at the individual biological, psychological and social influences that have prevented you from creating change. With experience in a range of therapies we will work together in gaining deeper insight. Some of the therapies I work with include:
- Mind Body Therapy
- Insight Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness and Acceptance Therapy
- Visualisation and Relaxation Techniques
- Yogi Philosophy
In understanding more about your eating cues and reasons behind the behaviour, you will be able to work towards a healthy relationship with food.
Take the necessary steps for change……..