Healing from Trauma
Most people will experience at least one potentially traumatic event in their lives. A significant number will suffer psychological distress ranging from mild anxiety to more severe symptoms affecting daily functioning.
Trauma is used to describe both the events that produce distress as well as the distress itself. The extent and type of symptoms are different for each individual.
Some of the symptoms of Trauma may include:
- Loss of connection
- Profound emptiness
- Loss of care about oneself
- Low level of hope or faith
- Outbursts of anger
- Difficulty concentrating
- Avoiding certain places and activities
- Loss of memory of traumatic event
- Numbness or detatchment
- Low emotional responsiveness
- Physical symptoms and pain
If you feel you are experiencing symptoms of a traumatic event, the best thing you can do is to seek professional help.
My Philosophy is to provide a therapeutic, nurturing and supportive environment to explore your traumatic experience.
- Mind Body Therapy
- Insight Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness and Acceptance Therapy
- Visualisation and Relaxation Techniques
- Yogi Philosophy